MISSING.NET is an international search engine dedicated to the search for missing people in case of natural disasters. With MISSING.NET, the enormous amount of information all over the web is centralized in order to optimize the mobilization of potential witnesses (families, NGOs, rescue centres, embassies…)
The search for a missing person should be as detailed as possible with physical details and any information that can help finding the missing person. Once a disappeared person is registered, MISSING.NET aggregates any information on the Internet about him.
MISSING.NET is a tool and was created in order to facilitate the action of humanitarian rescue workers and victims mainly in the first crucial hours of the crisis. MISSING.NET is intended for three types of actions:
- Search for a missing person
- Register a missing person
- Contribute to a missing file by giving any detail or information that could help find a person
This initiative has been selected amongst the laureates of the "Innovative Web" call for proposal set up by the French Ministry of Economy, Finances and Industry.
Google has also supported MISSING.NET from the beginning. Engineers have accompanied the technical team of MISSING.NET in the development of certain aspects of the project. The Person Finder API has finally been integrated to MISSING.NET to associate the resources of both platforms.
The Red Helmets Foundation
Created in 2006 by Nicole Guedj, the Red Helmets Foundation is making easier the humanitarian action. The Foundation has two main aims:
- To obtain the creation of Red Helmets at the UN: humanitarian brothers to the Blue Helmets, the Red Helmets’ mission will be to coordinate and organize the work of rescue teams deployed in emergency situations. Since the Haiti earthquake, many voices have called for new humanitarian governance. In Port-au-Prince, The Haitian President has called as well for the creation of Red Helmets at the UN. A few weeks later, he went with Nicole Guedj to meet Ban Ki-Moon, the UN Secretary General, for presenting this project. Ban Ki-Moon said he was keen to consider it.
- To use new technologies to assist the humanitarian action: in order to back up the action of rescue teams, the Red Helmets Foundation designs logistical tools put at the disposal of NGOs and UN agencies. After having designed Emergesat, a humanitarian container of telecommunications, in partnership with CNES and Thales Alenia Space, the Foundation involved itself in the creation of new food ration.
The Red Helmets Foundation is sponsored by M. Abdou Diouf, former President of the Republic of Senegal and General Secretary of the International Organization of La Francophonie, Pr. Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize, and by Pr. François Gros, Permanent Secretary of the French Academy of Sciences.
More information: http://www.casques-rouges.org
Bearstech is a young firm specialised in open software and services with high added value hosting and system administration.Bearstech’s heart of activity is to offer scalable and innovative hosting infrastructures. A controlled infrastructure is at the same time scalable and maintainable. Bearstech, with its experience in hosting applications with complex problems of scalability and availability, offers a comprehensive range of services and processes to provide the visibility needed by your applications. Bearstech leads technologies that make the Web today: advanced monitoring, virtualisation and cloud computing, disseminated in an infrastructure multiplying points of location worldwide.Bearstech also possesses a solid experience in conceptualising electronic communicating materials. Bearstech is also the European distributor for the Neo Freerunner phone and develops the software brick to operate it (Hackable One, a free software based on Gnu-Linux and dedicated to be embedded).
More information: http://www.bearstech.com
European Consulting Services
European Consulting Services is the former IT branch of the SATIM Group. In the beginning, it was specialised in information system security consulting, and now also offers project management assistance. In 2008, the latter activity has reached the necessary size to become independent.Specialised in project management assistance, European Consulting Services accompanies its customers with full diagnostics and also offers viable solutions to help fulfil their technological projects.The originality of European Consulting Services resides in the almost exclusive contribution of senior partners (>25 years of experience), who benefit from a solid experience and now wish to work in the consulting sphere.
More information: http://www.european-cs.com